Sunday, December 8, 2013

Training Begins: Desensitization and Leading

It's been a few days since my first post and December marks the beginning of Azula's training.  So far she's a doll to work with and willingly leads beside me through everything.  She's so careful of where her feet go (unlike her older half brother) and seems to be thinking through everything.  Now she's pretty attached to her half sister that she's been kept with during her weaning process and can get a little testy when she doesn't see her, but we'll work through that.

So the first day of desensitization, I had planned to lead her around the new obstacles, but it ended up being a "OMG EVERYTHING WANTS TO KILL ME" day so I let the two girls get used to having a bunch of stuff laying around in the arena.  The next day I took Azula out by herself and reset up everything with a few changes, but with the same objects, and led her through everything.

She walked over the tarp and stood on it with no problems except for a little spook, but she barely left my side.  Next we went over the ground pole and that's where I learned of how careful she is of putting her feet. She stepped over the ground pole slowly and carefully :3.  Next I set up pylons in a line with a space in between and weaved her through them, to work on flexing.  And let me just tell you, pylons are my friend now for flexing and turning work.  The first time I tried getting her to turn she walked side ways XD.  But with the pylon on one side and me on the other she bent around the pylon.

Now the difficult part was brushing her XD she hates having her legs and belly brushed, and again she will just have to get over the experience since she's mostly white :P.


So that's all for now, I'll keep you all update this month as we progress.

~GRELL~

No comments:

Post a Comment